I am a Certified (DONA International) Birth Doula, and also a Certified Stillbirthday Birth & Bereavement Doula, providing physical, emotional, and informational birth support to pregnant and laboring women, and making birth a better experience for women and their partners. I attend births at Munson Hospital, birth centers, and home births in Northern lower Michigan. I am open to outside the surrounding area for an additional small fee.
Reasons to consider a doula for your pregnancy and birth:
- 31% decrease in the use of Pitocin
- 28% decrease in the risk of C-section
- 12% increase in the likelihood of a spontaneous vaginal birth
- 9% decrease in the use of any medications for pain relief
- 14% decrease in the risk of newborns being admitted to a special care nursery
- 34% decrease in the risk of being dissatisfied with the birth experience